Wednesday, December 21, 2011

cook everything in your pantry night

I have alot of odds and ends floating around in our fancy pantry ( a bookshelf) and our fridge (no mold....yet).
I kinda like the feeling of using everything up.

I had tofu that I've been meaning to bake, an old pad thai flavoring packet ( I swear that I've had it for three years...it's followed us from three homes...oops), soba noodles, and leftover veggies from the week.
So I made a pad thai of sorts, baked tofu and a throw everything in kind of fried rice.

it turned out quite nicely.
here's our dinner.


leftover soba noodles with the pad thai mix.
a mini red bell pepper with green onions that I had used for lunch too.


whatever was in my fridge: eggs, turkey bacon, broccoli slaw (used in my salad for lunch)




so good. I love baked tofu.
When I was growing up, I always thought tofu
was spongy and weird.
And then I discovered baked tofu.
and It's consistency was almost like cheese!
love it.
and I kept buying silken tofu and realized that that brand
does not work for baked tofu.
it took me awhile to realize that.
oops.

and now here's my yummy salad
that only consisted of mixes I bought at safeway:


sweet butter blend mix, broccoli coleslaw mix, two mini yellow peppers
and green onions.

have you created anything fun and inventive with what's left in your fridge?
...

xo

0 comments: